Re: General Discussion

Haha. Amazing that UCLA, Arizona (entire organization) and the Indians all had terrible clubhouses for the easy to get along with Trevor Bauer. Even more amazing is that he loved Cincy where they have hired the entire Driveline pitching staff so he could get his way and plus he was an impending free agent. I'm old school but he is a piece of crap, coach killer and clubhouse killer. I'm actually looking forward to following him at his next destination. I hope its the Mets so he can charm the New York media.

A friend who spends his winters in Phoenix tells me that even a dry 110 is pretty hot. Here in NE Ohio today it's beautiful sunny day and the temp has surged to 45. Some chance of snow tonight but we'll be above freezing the rest of the week with a couple days in the 60s. I can still put up with Ohio winters, although they feel colder to my aging bones every year.

seagull - thanks for the welcome back, maybe we can hook up in Goodyear sometime.

So the cross country trip is quite a haul. It's a good 37 hours however you slice it. I do it about like this:

1. Rochester NY to past Indianapolis day 1
2. Indy to Oklahoma City day 2
3. Oklahoma City to Gallup, New Mexico day 3
4. Gallup to Phoenix day 4 (only 4-5 hours)

So it's 3 overnights.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Our normal trip from the North Fork of Long Island is about 2,600 miles with stops in Yellow Springs/Dayton Ohio (home for 34 years), Springfield MO, Tucumcari NM, and Tucson / Green Valley AZ.

Since we will not visit old friends this year, I will try an accelerated trip from NoFo to Knoxville, then Dallas area, then home – about three 12-hour days of driving. We shall see how the dogs and wife do with it in early December.

Vic P. wrote:The return trip in May will start from Tucson to Tucumcari, but we will miss out on Tehachapi to Tonapah...if everyone is willin.
Lol, sadly I know exactly where Tucumcari is. That will likely be our first stop on the drive home as well.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain