Re: GameTime!™

Peter Gammons
@pgammo
·
1h
Somehow I don't think Aaron Civale will be too nervous pitching for the Indians in Minneapolis tonight. At Northeastern, he made the spring start vs. Red Sox on TV, in 2 innings fanned Ortiz twice, Pedroia twice, Manny Ramirez once.

Another great effort by Clevinger. He and Bieber have taken such amazing leaps. Get back Kluber and Carrasco and the rotation has all kinds of promise.

If we still had Bauer, then what to do with Plesac/Civale next season. Now let those guys and Plutko be 5th starter and starter depth.

As for this season, crucial wild card win today.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

They need to start award saves to the outfielders; Mercado's and Allen's catches won us our two games in Minnesota.
Hand, on the other Hand, can barely struggle through an inning; two outs [one on Allen's miracle[, then hits a batter, issues a 4 pitch walk and goes to 3-2 against the potentially tying run. Whew

civ ollilavad wrote:They need to start award saves to the outfielders; Mercado's and Allen's catches won us our two games in Minnesota.
Hand, on the other Hand, can barely struggle through an inning; two outs [one on Allen's miracle[, then hits a batter, issues a 4 pitch walk and goes to 3-2 against the potentially tying run. Whew
Tito said in an interview they are trying to "protect Hand" from overuse.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Right and often a tired athlete might indeed be "searching for his release point" or have other issues simply because their bodies are not co-operating at that reduced level of energy.

It's much easier to be on top of it all when you are rested with energy. In other words, I don't have a lot of faith he will get it back unless he gets some rest.

Being a closer on a winning team means you pitch a lot - and early in the season he was a savior because the offense was so bad we won a lot of low scoring games.

IMO the price is being paid.

It will be interesting to see how Yu Chang vs. Willi Castro plays out over time. I assume that the Tigers had their choice when they dealt us Leonys Martin. In very very early returns, Willi is walking less and has less power; he's playing SS and Chang is at 3rd.
Castro: 189/228/245
Chang: 220/347/345