Re: GameTime!™

Pretty painful loss there to a direct wildcard opponent. I'm thinking when Cimber came in to bail out Bieber, that would have been a nice opportunity to use Carrasco instead in the future.

Back at it today.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Go Yankees! That's right...they beat Oakland today.

3 teams for 2 wildcard slots at this point. Division is still doable but wildcard is better than nothing.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

There goes the weekend; at least we got to see all 3 pitchers up from Columbus; and we got first 1 shutout inning by Hoyt; 1 run off Carrasco in his inning; and 3 runs on 5 hits off Otero in his one.

Freeman with 3 hits; I guess he was a good choice to hit 5th.
Bauers batted in both of our runs.
And that was about it.

I hope something turns around or it's gonna be a miserable end to the season.

8-11 since the Twins series.

5.5 games back from being tied for 1st.

only half game up in the 2nd WC spot.

Good time to make up some ground with 4 games against the White Sox, then 3 @MN, 3@LAA, Then 3 more at home against the Twins.

The next two weeks are fairly important. I don't know if even .500 ball will be good enough to keep us in contention.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

the continuing loss of able bodied players I assume will doom this season. Ramirez out for the season. Naquin out for the season. Kipnis out for awhile. Kluber probably out for the season. Zimmer might be back; Luplow might be back; that will be helpful. Carrasco back might be helpful. Otero back is irrelevant. Too many bad rolls of the dice. It happens.

Agree, pretty sad with all this team has been through (Kluber, Clevinger, Carrasco all long term situations, Lindor out a few weeks to start the year, Jose Ramirez sucking into June, then out the season) to see them try to get through now with this skeleton crew.

Shoot, guys like Plesac, Civale and Plutko are in new territory for them as well. Odds are not great at this point but they are battlers!

civ ollilavad wrote:Give credit to Tito as usual for keeping these guys going; give credit to the farm system for developing a raft of talented pitchers; give credit to the front office for not hesitating to make deals. Give credit to the players for fighting through all sorts of headwinds.
Still playing meaningful games in September. Should be interesting.

Wow, Chisox pitcher walks 2 guys and with bases loaded the Franimal doubles in 3 runs!

What a nice pick me up for his teammates coming off that long, crappy weekend.