Re: GameTime!™

Hurts but nice to see the value of Franmil demonstrated!

Franmil Reyes slugged two home runs, tallying four total RBI, in the Indians' extra-innings loss to the Royals on Sunday.

Reyes hit a solo shot in the bottom of the eighth inning and then blasted a game-tying three-run bomb off Ian Kennedy in the bottom of the ninth, but the Indians would ultimately fall to Kansas City in 10 frames.

Reyes is up to five home runs and 14 RBI in 23 games with the Indians, who acquired him from the Padres at the July 31 trade deadline.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

The Franimal!

Shades of game 7 2016 where he (Rajai, Franimal) hits a huge homer in the 9th to even that game up, then oops it gets away in the 10th.

:(
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

All games are available for free streaming tonight at MLB.com.

Indians are 12-1 against the Tigers this year, hopefully will be a good game to watch.

I just texted my wife and let her know the Tribe is 12-1 against Tigers this year. She texted me back a picture of her middle finger... :lol:

Franimal cracks another 3 run bomb, and he hit a double earlier. Santana 3 hits so far. 7-1

Plutko with another really good effort and Cimber in now.

Detroit and KC show what the Indians are trying so hard to avoid. (The Bauer trade the latest example.)

So both these teams went through a window where they were powerhouses. Detroit didn't quite cash in (damn close) but KC did. (PS you could add the White Sox)

Now, for season after season, they are pathetic messes. Meanwhile out Tribe chugs along with entertaining baseball and realistic contention every year. No rebuild - just smart turnover. Civale, Plesac, and Plutko the latest examples of replacement parts.

KC has the title to show for it though, right??

I'm not impressed. Would much rather follow the Tribe model than win the WS then watch horrible baseball season after season. Or in Detroit's case come really close THEN watch horrible baseball season after season.

We lost the coin flip in '97 and '16. Unlucky, nothing more than that. And this resilient team keeps fighting for us. (In case we forget in '16 we had Kluber, Tomlin and a prayer in that rotation somehow make it that far)

Of course the Tigers are terrible, that's why I said it should be a good game to watch. I wish we could play these bums every night!

Although, I remember a couple years ago before the Tigers got terrible, when they still had Verlander, we still owned them. Beat them something like 16 out of 17 games that year.

Like I said, we went from totally owning Verlander a couple years ago to not being able to hit him at all now.

Big wildcard game tonight. Wow, both these teams an injury nightmare.

Injured list: Indians -- 3B Jose Ramirez (right hand), RHP A.J. Cole (right shoulder), RHP Danny Salazar (right groin), OF Jordan Luplow (right hamstring), INF Christian Arroyo (right forearm), RHP Cody Anderson (right elbow), OF Bradley Zimmer (right shoulder), RHP Corey Kluber (right ulna bone, left oblique), RHP Dan Otero (right shoulder), RHP Jefry Rodriguez (right shoulder), RHP Carlos Carrasco (leukemia) and LHP Tyler Olson (shingles) are on the injured list.

Rays – LHP Jose Alvarado (left elbow), RHP Yonny Chirinos (right middle finger), 3B Yandy Diaz (fractured left foot), RHP Tyler Glasnow (right forearm), 2B Brandon Lowe (left quad) and LHP Blake Snell (left elbow). CF Kevin Kiermaier (left rib cage) is day to day.

So their SPs Blake Snell and Tyler Glasnow both out. Pretty much Kluber and Carrasco right there. These are two teams that have made it work with lots of misfortune and small markets.