Re: General Discussion

HB: From the comments section on a Northeast Ohio Media Group article here:
http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ss ... cart_river

wisenheimer1 3 hours ago

Five Takeaways:
1. Where is Chief Wahoo!?!?!?
2. Spend some of the money on the roster, signing quality FA!!!
3. How much will tickets increase over the next two years???
4. The Block "C" is hideous!!!
5. KEEP THE CHIEF!!!

Jen Steer, Northeast Ohio Media Group 3 hours ago

@wisenheimer1 Shapiro said ticket prices won't increase to pay for the renovations and there's no plans to phase out the Chief.

Yeah, here's an article about that trade:

Cleveland Indians trade Vinnie Pestano to Angels for RHP Michael Clevinger

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Vinnie Pestano's stay with the Indians has ended.

The Indians sent Pestano to the Angels on Thursday for Class A right-hander Michael Clevinger, the Angels' fourth-round pick in 2011.

Pestano was a mainstay of the Indians' bullpen in 2011 and 2012. He has struggled with right elbow injuries and inconsistency since. Pestano opened this season with the Tribe, but was optioned to Class AAA Columbus once in April and again in July.

In 13 games with the Tribe, Pestano is 0-1 with a 5.00 ERA. He struck out 13 and walked one in nine innings.

Pestano will report to Class AAA Salt Lake, while Clevinger reports to Class A Carolina.

Clevinger, 23, is 4-3 with a 4.31 ERA in 18 starts for Class A Inland Empire and Class A Burlington this year. The 6-4, 220-pounder has 85 strikeouts and 32 walks in 79 1/3 innings.

Pestano, 29, was 2-4 with six saves and a 1.78 ERA at Columbus. He struck out 37 and walked 12 in 30 1/3 innings. He was averaging 11 strikeouts and 3.6 walks per nine innings.

Just checked out Clevinger. He does strike out more batters than innings pitched, but that's about it. Walks too many. Allows too many hits. Is 23 and still in A ball. Pretty blah.

But someone who saw Pestano pitch not long ago said the radar gun readings were not good. He's lost a lot off his fastball. So we couldn't expect much.

Good luck Cousin Vinny. Always liked you.

I don't tweet too much, Darkstar. I mostly started the account just to follow reporters to get breaking news and rumors. I tweet about sports from time to time, like the Chief Wahoo thing today. I don't know that I have ever tweeted about politics. Although I imagine I'll need to rant about something one of these days.

Tyler Holt and Zach Walters are in N.Y.

Roster changes coming.

Didn't see game today but think I saw someone mention on a Twitter that Murphy and Swish might be hurt? That may be it, I dunno.

Might be refreshing to see someone with range & defensive abilities. Might have to check em out tomorrow. But I have a feeling Rayburn and Aviles will be out there so will probably turn channel quickly. No inclination to watch more of the Keystone cops on defense.