Re: Fantasy Ball

I once did some math and figured that, on average, every inning pitched was about 1.5 to 2 points. Obviously on the average.

He does do exclusively head to head leagues ordinarily, so he may have overlooked the innings thing. On the other hand, as you said his past Yahoo activity is outstanding, so he is pretty bright. It would surprise me if he didn't know, but you never know.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

Hey JR - you were right, I wrote him and he was somewhat fuzzy on how innings limits work in a full season league.

In a weekly head to head league innings are irrelevant. You just put everyone in that you can, then it resets after a week.

I advised him to just put 5 SPs in, and leave it unless an injury or sucking occurs. 5 starting pitchers for a full season would add up to less than 1500 innings. So if he does that his +68 will gradually go down and down.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

rusty2 wrote:Personally, I think yahoo is doing a terrible job showing who is the starting pitcher that day quick enough. I have 3 starting pitchers on the bench because none were shown to be starting this morning.
Strasburg started today, but I had him on the bench b/c he wasn't listed last night, and they are playing now :evil:

25 points I can't get back!

I hate that too. It happens though.

Basically, I am very reluctant to ever move my top starters out of the SP position, even if they aren't pitching. Try to use your lower guys to go to the bench.