Re: GameTime!™

Well, knowing what we all know about Cleveland sports, we should always be prepared for the worst and anticipate the best.

I think we're in good shape as a team. A few tweaks here and there should be enough to get us into the playoffs next season. One thing I am definitely sure of, we are one big bat away from advancing to the next level. A shout out to management...........Give Jose Abreu the money!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

I'm happy fer y'a Civ! Despite the loss, I was excited to see such a nice turnout as well as the enthusiasm that permeated throughout the stadium.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Reds, Indians post lineups for spring training opener
Marcus Hartman
FOX Sports Ohio

Game 1 spring lineup vs. CIN Wedn (1pm mt):
Morgan 8
Cabrera 6
Kipnis 4
Chisenhall 5
Raburn 7
Gomes 2
Francoeur 9
Cooper 3
Adams DH
Bauer P
You may have already been aware of this, but baseball is just around the corner.

The latest sure sign of that wonderful fact?

The Reds and Indians have both listed their lineups for the first spring training game of the season (3:05 p.m. Wednesday on SportsTime Ohio) in Goodyear, Ariz.

Pitcher Alfredo Simon draws the start on the mount for the Reds while Trevor Bauer will toe the rubber first for the Tribe.

Center field phenom Billy Hamilton leads off for the Reds followed by second baseman Brandon Phillips, first baseman Joey Votto, right fielder Jay Bruce, left fielder Ryan Ludwick, third baseman Todd Frazier, shortstop Zack Cozart, catcher Devin Mesoraco and designated hitter Brayan Pena.

Is that the lineup new manager Bryan Price will roll out regularly this season? That remains to be seen.

For the Indians, Terry Francona counters with Nyjer Morgan in center and leading off, Asdrubal Cabrera at shortstop, Jason Kipnis at second, Lonnie Chisenhall playing third base and batting cleanup, Ryan Raburn in left field, Jeff Francoeur in right field, first baseman David Cooper and designated hitter David Adams.

Morgan and Francoeur are spring training invitees on minor league deals.

I like how the Reds posted lineup already includes the planned subs.

I was hoping to see Santana at 3rd base from Day One, but Tito is being fair to Chisenhall and has him in the lineup and even hitting cleanup. Perhaps lighting a fire under Chis can finally get him to perform up to promise? Various demotions to the minors didn't really help any.