Re: GameTime!™

Count goes full, runners on the go, and Gomes drills a one-hopper to the pitcher who wheels and throws to first for out number three. WoW! Middle of 8, Indians take the lead 4-3 and I gotta run.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Cody "Freak'n Who" Allen is 6-1.

You know what? Tito Francona will be screwed if he doesn't win the MOY in the American League this year. The man has been a joy to watch. Pulling Santana late in a tie ballgame was a gutsy call. It paid off as the pinch runner, Drew Stubbs, moved to second on a ground out and scored the go-ahead run on a Cabrera double.

The way Francona has managed his bench as well as his bullpen has been a real thrill to watch. His in-game managerial experience has paid off huge dividends for Cleveland. Francona is my definition of a real manager. He's got my vote for MOY. My vote has already been cast.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Who says a manager can't make this much of an impact? Only responsible for a handful of wins and/or losses?!?!?! I call bullsh*t. :P
-- Bob Feller

While the Browns continue to suck water from Lake Erie, we finally have some excitement in this town just a few blocks away. It's time for Browns fans to come out of hiding a support a real team. :P
-- Bob Feller

To my pal TribeFan in SC/FL.......

Its time to take off the gloves off and have some fun!

C'mon dude! We're the only game in town!
-- Bob Feller

I never heard of this guy Rzepczynski but he's one of our unsung heros. He's done a real nice job for us so far. It's players like Rzepczynski that is making this clock tick and there are plenty of them on this team.

I slammed management a lot in the past but this year they really tried their best to put a nice "team" together and they've given Tito a nice deck to play with and Tito is finding a way to shuffle all the right cards on to the table. He's got a nice bench to work with and a deep bullpen that can play the right-lefty matchups. You can tell his comfort level is high and he's placing a lot of trust in all of his players. Everyone is getting their opportunities in pressure packed situations. That will bode well in the playoffs. Yes! Playoffs! No doubt in my mind that this team will make the post season. I'm pumped!
-- Bob Feller

I never heard of this guy Rzepczynski but he's one of our unsung heros. He's done a real nice job for us so far. It's players like Rzepczynski that is making this clock tick and there are plenty of them on this team.
Picked him up before the trade deadline.....only thing they did really.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

joez wrote:To my pal TribeFan in SC/FL.......

Its time to take off the gloves off and have some fun!

C'mon dude! We're the only game in town!

With a nod to "A League of Their Own," we're gonna lose.

I laughed my arse off when I read post season tickets went on sale today. Insightful that no one here spoke of those amazing fresh ticket options.

I get dissed for noting that Shaps and Marie Antoinetti use their personal not baseball playing history to pump up their fave "slang names" for our players.....to be "cool."

We had "Masty on the bump"

And the the not easily forgotten "Swish" and "Cabs"

Today I read we have a "Gomer."

"Cona" is sucking something to be on the Shaps and Antoinetti payroll, the loser he was .......acclaimed to be by Boston Fans not at all a winner.

It will be a long dark off season for Cleveland Indians Fans. The playoffs will be missed, and then there will be long ago predictable crying over Shaps and Antointetti gifting the $$$$$ of 25 million to the lame "Swish" and "Cabs."

Wake up and smell the coffee.

(name that columnist, and circle gets the square)

:-)

JOEZ- We both believe that the manager DOES make a difference. Francona has proven that in spades. There are a lot here that did not believe that a manager did make a difference of more than 1or2 games a year but this season should have opened their eyes. Coaching staff matters also although the manager picks them.