Re: Politics

Wasn't it Philly that had the astronomical amount of Obama voters last time?

Might have had something to do with the Black Panthers holding clubs at the front door, that was never prosecuted for anything.

Oh well, maybe they're hoping to land 4 or 5 votes this time. Might make all the difference.

WASHINGTON – A powerful federal appeals court dealt a major blow to ObamaCare on Tuesday, ruling against the legality of some subsidies issued to people through the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

A three-judge panel ruled 2-1 on Tuesday that the IRS went too far in reinterpreting the language in ObamaCare to extend subsidies to those who buy insurance through the federally run exchanges, known as HealthCare.gov.

The case, Halbig v Sebelius, is one of the first major legal challenges that cuts to the heart of the Affordable Care Act by going after the legality of massive federal subsidies and those who benefit from them.

In the case, the plaintiff claimed the Obama administration – in particular, the Internal Revenue Service -- is breaking the law by offering tax subsidies in all 50 states to offset the cost of health insurance. The suit maintains that the language in ObamaCare actually restricts subsidies to state-run exchanges -- of which there are only 14 -- and does not authorize them to be given in the 36 states that use the federally run system, commonly known as HealthCare.gov.

The ruling, though likely to be appealed, could threaten the entire foundation of the newly devised health care system. Nearly 90 percent of the federal exchange’s insurance enrollees were eligible for subsidies because of low or moderate incomes that the outcome of the case could potentially leave millions without affordable health insurance.

“We reach this conclusion, frankly, with reluctance. At least until states that wish to can set up Exchanges, our ruling will likely have significant consequences both for the millions of individuals receiving tax credits through federal Exchanges and for health insurance markets more broadly,” the ruling stated.

A total of $1 trillion in subsidies is projected to be doled out over the next decade.

Price of Beef and Bacon Reach All-Time High

July 22, 2014 - 11:14 AM

The price of beef and bacon hit its all-time high in the United States in June, according to data released Tuesday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

In January 1980, when BLS started tracking the price of these commodities, ground chuck cost $1.82 per pound and bacon cost $1.45 per pound. By this June 2014, ground chuck cost $3.91 per pound and bacon cost $6.11 per pound.

A decade ago, in June 2004, a pound of ground chuck cost $2.49, which means that the commodity has increased by 57 percent since then. Bacon has increased by 78.7 percent from the $3.42 it cost in June 2004 to the $6.11 it costs now.

In one month, beef increased from $3.85 in May 2014 to $3.91 in June 2014. Bacon increased from $6.05 in May 2014 to $6.11 in June 2014.

Each month, the BLS employs data collectors to visit thousands of retail stores all over the United States to obtain information on the prices of thousands of items to measure changes for the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The CPI is simply the average change over time in prices paid by consumers for a market basket of goods and services.

The BLS found that there was a 0.1 percent change in the food index in June, which tracks foods like meats, poultry, fish, eggs and dairy, as well as many others. “The index for meats, poultry, fish, and eggs increased in June, though its 0.2 percent increase was its smallest since December,” stated BLS.

“The index for food at home has increased 2.4 percent over the past year, with the index for meats, poultry, fish and eggs up 7.5 percent,” BLS stated.

NOT MY POSTS - I MOVED THESE FROM THE GENERAL FOLDER

Re: General Discussion
Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:16 pm
joez User avatar

All the people that are voting for this guy has forced me to re-evaluate the mentality of our citizen.

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:59 pm
seagull User avatar

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Winston Churchill

Times have changed, Winston, only takes 30 seconds now.

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:44 pm
joez User avatar

I don't have anything against democracy Seagull. I just think Trump is more suited to be a stand up comic on Saturday Night Live rather than a stand up comic running for the Presidency.

DONALD TRUMP CANCELS UIC RALLY AMID SECURITY CONCERNS

CHICAGO (WLS) -- Donald Trump canceled his rally at the UIC Pavilion Friday evening due to concerns about safety, according to his spokesperson.

A speaker came out to the podium and made an announcement.

"Mr. Trump just arrived in Chicago and after meeting with law enforcement has determined that for the safety of all the tens of thousands of people that have gathered in and around the arena, tonight's rally will be postponed until another date. Thank you very much for you attendance and please go in peace," he said...............

http://abc7chicago.com/politics/donald- ... y/1241331/

rusty2 User avatar
Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:48 pm

From the city that brought us Daly and Obama and his crooked friends....... Why would anyone be concerned about nut jobs in Chicago ?

Trump must have read some of Joe Z's baseball takes and decided to stay the hell away from that crap !

JR!

I was going to move my posts if the chain were extend after Rusty's last post.

Actually, the less I think about this racist, the better I sleep at night. I will be at the polls voting just to cancel out someone else's vote. I'm out! My blood pressure is rising.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

:roll: I hope the Indians get off to a better start than our leader. Go Tribe!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

WoW! With all the news this year, not much activity here.
My worst nightmare came true. :oops: :oops: :oops:
-- Bob Feller

Trump slated to hit his 2,000th lie by the end of the year.....
Politico Magazine: A whopping 70% of Trump’s statements that PolitiFact checked during the campaign were false
This administration has been a fiasco. Can't believe the garbage that spews out of this guys mouth. Endorsing Moore was completely unacceptable. Totally embarrassed to be an American. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
-- Bob Feller

I don't know what is so hard to understand.

Stock markets at all time highs. 6 TRILLION added to economy since Election. And consumer confidence WAY up. I don't know about you guys but my retirement and 401k thanks him.

Companies now staying and coming back. Lowest unemployment rate in 17 years. 1.5 million fewer people on food stamps. And lowest jobless claims since '73. Tons of less regulation on the backs of small businesses.

These are all facts. Turn off that shit on NBC and CNN and get the facts for a change. Wise up. 1 year in and he has already been epic for business, jobs, and the economy. And the lying weasel RINO's haven't even passed his tax plan yet.

I'm not complaining. My 401K is doing fine. Thank you.

"VOX":

Tony James, president of the private equity giant Blackstone Group, said in an interview with Politico’s Money podcast aired this week that he doesn’t attribute much of the stock market run up to President Donald Trump or think it hinges on tax cuts. “If we don’t get [tax reform], I think it’s a modest negative for the market,” he said. “But I don’t think it’s a huge driver for the market. I don’t think the market is going to tank by any means.”

"Fortune":

Since taking office, President Trump has routinely touted stock market gains and positive jobs reports as evidence that he is succeeding. Economists say that while he can take some credit for the stock market, it’s far too soon for his policies to have affected the job market.

The president’s ability to influence economic growth is sometimes overstated, economists agree. Presidents can affect the economy through the decisions they make, but it often takes years to gauge the impact. For instance, most economists now say President Obama’s stimulus package helped pull the U.S. out of the recession, even though a majority of Americans at the time believed it didn’t work...... So, while Trump may deserve some credit for the boost in the stock market, his impact on job creation and overall growth remains to be seen. Yet the president, on Twitter, has repeatedly taken credit for the positive jobs reports.

"Jobs":

With July's jobs report, employers have added a total of 1,074,000 jobs during Trump's first six full months in office. That essentially matches the 1,084,000 jobs created during President Barack Obama's last six months in office. Both round to 1.1 million, and the 10,000 difference is well within the margin of error of the Labor Department estimate. Of course, Trump's six-month record is far better than Obama's first six months, when 3.4 million jobs were lost. That's because Obama was sworn in during the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, when the economy was hemorrhaging jobs.

"Anyway":

Builder-turned-president Donald Trump has in many ways made good on his promise to be a political wrecking ball. But, he has found more success using the executive branch to undo his predecessor’s legacy than in writing new legislation or working with Congress.

a. DACA

b. If Trump’s Blaming Mental Health on the shootings in Las Vegas and Sutherland Springs, Why Did He Gut Obama's Gun-Check Rule?

c. Affordable Care Act (needs tweeking not an overhaul or replacement)

d. Global warming and environmental concerns

e. Civil rights (The Education Department has rescinded 72 policy documents that outline the rights of students with disabilities as part of the Trump administration’s effort to eliminate
regulations it deems superfluous. President Trump plans to resume the transfer of surplus weapons, vehicles and other equipment from the nation’s military to its state and
local law enforcement agencies, reviving a program that was sharply curtailed by President Obama two years ago. President Trump said he will ban transgender people from
serving in the military in any capacity. Previously, military chiefs delayed a plan approved by the Obama administration to begin allowing transgender recruits. TO NAME A
FEW)

f. Worker and consumer safety (A plan to reevaluate an existing test for cigarette ignition of mattresses and mattress pads was thrown out. A USDA rule that would have changed food
safety standards for ready-to-eat and partially heat-treated meat and poultry products was scrapped. The EPA is delaying implementation of a rule to
require manufacturers to label formaldehyde in composite wood products. The Coast Guard canceled a plan to seek public input on how to prevent
recreational boating casualties caused by propeller strikes and carbon monoxide poisoning. A Coast Guard rule that would have required all ships and boats
to maintain equipment and technical systems for safety was withdrawn. A Coast Guard plan to regulate firefighting systems on tanker ships and helipads of
offshore platforms was withdrawn. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration delayed the implementation of a rule regulating construction worker
exposure to silica, which is linked to lung disease and cancer, from June until September. Eliminated worker safety regulations that aimed to track and
reduce workplace injuries and deaths. The Labor Department removed from its long-term agenda a proposal to stiffen exposure standards for 1-
bromopropane, a chemical solvent that is a neurotoxin. The Labor Department canceled plans to change permissible exposure limits for some substances
that were set in 1971. The Labor Department removed from its long-term agenda a proposal to stiffen exposure standards for styrene, a chemical used in
plastics that has been identified as a carcinogen. AND MANY, MANY MORE!

g. Government reform

h. Immigration (The Trump administration has given nearly 60,000 Haitians with provisional legal residency in this country 18 months to leave, announcing that it will not renew the
Temporary Protected Status that has allowed them to remain here for more than seven years. The Trump administration has given 2,500 Nicaraguans with provisional
residency 14 months to leave the United States, announcing that it will not renew the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation that has allowed them to remain in the
country for nearly two decades. AND MANY MORE EXAMPLES)

i. Education (The Trump administration withdrew Obama-era guidance on how schools should respond to sexual violence complaints, giving them flexibility to use a higher standard of
evidence when judging sexual misconduct cases. AND THE LIST GOES ON)

j. To Name a Few

"More":

1. Puerto Rican Hurricane Relief effort...."A+" !!!! Give me a break! The Puerto Ricans are still without power in 1/2 the regions. All the "aid" is coming from volunteers, athletes, and the
entertainment arena. Most regions still are without clean water. The Puerto Rican mass exodus to Central Florida speaks volumes of what is really going on in Puerto Rico. The experts think
that Florida will be getting tens of thousands of new neighbors — estimates range up to 250,000. But, only 250,000? Think more — many more. Hurricane Maria: More than 900 people in
Puerto Rico have died after the tropical storm. Over 900 people have been cremated in Puerto Rico since Hurricane Maria made landfall a month ago, but the official death toll is still listed
as 51. Nearly 9 weeks after hurricane, more than 50% of Puerto Rico power generation is offline.

2. Niger Disaster:

President Donald Trump issued a new proclamation Sunday restricting citizens of eight countries from entering the U.S., replacing the expiring ban on travelers from six. Muslim-majority nations. The new travel ban, which will take effect on Oct. 18, will continue to impact citizens of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Yemen and Syria but will now also include travelers from Chad, North Korea and certain individuals from Venezuela. Why Chad?

President Donald Trump’s decision to place Chad on his revised travel ban shocked experts and former U.S. officials who warned it could have major consequences for the fight against terrorism (ISIS) in Africa. And it appears Trump’s controversial decision may have already damaged alliances on the continent—which is threatened by a range of militants, including affiliates of Al-Qaeda and the Islamic State militant group. Chad has pulled hundreds of troops from neighboring Niger, where they had been stationed to assist in a regional fight against Boko Haram, the Nigerian militant Islamist group, Reuters reported.

Where were these Chad soldiers when the ambush took place? Trump has been curiously quiet and still is not responding to the press inquires.

3. Charlottesville:

4. Sexual Assault Allegations ; Still calling his accusers liars. This says it all! https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/d ... cript.html

5. Defending Roy Moore

6. I'll end the rant with this little tidbit:

https://youtu.be/suDNHwtqoiU

Now That Was Just Plain COLD !
Trump administration lifts ban on importing heads of hunted elephants

The Trump administration is reversing an Obama administration ban on bringing to the United States the heads of elephants killed in two African countries. The decision, cheered by some hunting and gun rights groups, is a reversal of the policy under the Obama administration. The United States and international authorities say the African elephant is a threatened species, and the Obama administration argued that allowing trophy imports would harm the animals by encouraging killing them.
<
<
<
<
<

Trump administration reverses ban on importing trophies from elephant hunts in two African nations

The decision was made public by none other than the trophy hunting advocacy group that sued to block the Obama-era ban in 2014.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration will reverse an Obama-era ban on the importation of elephant trophies from Zimbabwe and Zambia after determining that sport hunting in those countries will help conserve the species, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service confirmed Wednesday.

The decision was made public not by the federal agency but via a celebratory news release early Tuesday from Safari Club International, a trophy hunting advocacy group that, along with the National Rifle Association, sued to block the 2014 ban.........

Speaking of guns !?!?!?!

Since Las Vegas and Sutherland Springs, have the "this is not a good time to discuss gun control" elected officials like Trump and others such as the NRA decided that there has been enough time gone by to discuss the problem?

Trump's reversals of Obama's policies is going beyond the ridiculous stage now - witness above.

Gotta agree with McMaster when he called Trump a "dope" with the intelligence of a "kindergartner". That's not much of a surprise when you listen to the guy trying to articulate. Rex Tillerson was right on when he called Donald Trump a “f**king moron. I'll add hypocrite, egomaniac, and racist to that list. Trump's hatred for Obama is one thing as he continues to dismantle those executive actions piece by piece, but, in the end, who is Trump hurting the most? Obama or the citizens of this country?
-- Bob Feller