Re: GameTime!™

It is hard to be critical of Francona but I do not think he has a good few days. Naquin had no business being in the game. I think the pitching rotation was a major mess up. Why couldnt Merrit have pitched one of the games? Tomlin is not a guy who can pitch on short rest and I dont know why you pitch a guy out with a drone injury anyway. Been also reading about this Eddie Robinson guy. Just because he is an old codger doesnt mean he needs to be honored. I was wondering why I never had heard of him before. Turns out the guy was a died in the wool rascist and then yesterday he wears a jacket with the worst stereotype of Chief Wahoo that he could possible find. I dont feel as vested in this team as I did the CAVS or the 95 and 97 tribe.

It's pretty easy to be pessimistic about tonight's game. Pessimism is in our blood. I think we were all born with it.

Be that as it may, I'm feeling pretty good about tonight. Like I mentioned yesterday, we milked these guys for all they were worth. They brought us to the front door of the promised land. That's much more than we could have ever asked for. Who thought going into the Boston series that we would be one game away from a World Championship? Gotta be pretty damned proud and pleased with the way things unfolded.

Kluber has to shut the Cubs down the first three innings. We have to score at least twice during that span. WE have to set the tone for tonight's game. If there was ever going to be a time where these guys put it all together, it's tonight.

GO TRIBE!
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

joez wrote:
Kluber has to shut the Cubs down the first three innings. We have to score at least twice during that span. WE have to set the tone for tonight's game. If there was ever going to be a time where these guys put it all together, it's tonight.
So much for that.
The whole world will be happy.

I agree Baron. Who let that Trojan Horse into our house? There are more Cub fans in our house than there are Indian fans......it seems.
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

I felt we had to win the 3 inning game to make this thing happen. We had the opportunities.......AGAIN!! We just don't have the clutch hitters to git'er done. But, like they say, "It Ain't Over T'll Its Over"!
-- Bob Feller

joez wrote:I agree Baron. Who let that Trojan Horse into our house? There are more Cub fans in our house than there are Indian fans......it seems.
Indians season tix holders would rather get rich than watch the game in person! Have you seen the prices that Cubs fans paid on StubHub?

They showed a stat that on stub hub 80% of tickets were outside of Ohio.

Why didn't they just start miller in the top of the 4th.

I don't want to see a stat on Tito's World Series record ever again.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

J.R. wrote:
joez wrote:I agree Baron. Who let that Trojan Horse into our house? There are more Cub fans in our house than there are Indian fans......it seems.
Indians season tix holders would rather get rich than watch the game in person! Have you seen the prices that Cubs fans paid on StubHub?
Guess that settles the "Who has better fans" argument.

I don't want to see or hear anyone complain about attendance ever again.

Or the importance of Home Field Advantage.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Listening to all the non-Indian fans cheer is a very bitter pill to swallow.
-- Bob Feller