Re: GameTime!™

Does anyone remember Ross Detweiler pitched for the Indians in 2016? 7 games, 4 2/3 innings. He's the fellow trying to pitch for the Sox tonight.

Civale is not on his game: he walked 2 in the first; also a hit but a line drive dp helped Walked another with 2 out in the second. But he's kept anyone from scoring in 2 innings..

Perez is playing tonight and drives in a huge run to put the team up 2-1.

Did you guys see the Franimal score from 2B on that single? That guy is an excellent athlete, not just a hitter.

Still pinching myself that we got this guy for Bauer, and all the other pieces that came with him. THIS is how you keep a good team going.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

That was a very nice thing to do,, for Tito to bring in Carrasco in an important situation to hold a manageable lead in a key game for the Tribe. He showed that he has confidence in his recovering pitcher who had only thrown about 10 innings since he went on the IL months ago.

Also a stupid move since he probably also would have liked to win the game and just create a feel good moment.
Of course he could have mitigated the problem by pulling Carrasco after he put two men on base but leaving him was even more of a showing of support.
Then we could possibly have imagined he would even leave him after the 3 run homer tied the score? I guess he felt that pulling him in the middle of the inning would be humiliating to his pitcher and a universally recognized good guy.
So he keeps him out there to allow the game winning homer too.

Very nice human being. Very horrid managing.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one shocked when he left Carrasco in after it got tied 5-5.

I'll never figure that part out. I could see it all the way up until then.
"I've suffered a great many tragedies in my life....most of them never happened". Mark Twain

White sox sure are scrappy.

We had em 8-4 in the top of the ninth but Hand couldn't close them out allowing 2 runs and (surprisingly) got pulled with bases loaded and 1 out.

Wittigren in Mercado makes an amazing catch in CF that may have saved the game as no runs scored.

He gets the final strike out.

That was too close.
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.