Re: Minor Matters

No, that was from the box score. And if a player makes more than one error they will put that number right beside his name and put their total for year in parenthesis. So it was totally a brain fart on my part. Can't believe I did that. You would think I could read a box score correctly by this age, and you would think I would be smart enough to know that a couple guys didn't make 3 errors in the same game in the same week. But alas, no. There is no limit to my foolishness.

For example, if Collins made two errors in a game and had 7 on the year the box score would read

Collins 2 (7)

I should have known better, my bad.

The good news is I have a 3 day weekend so should be getting all caught up on sleep and not causing any more confusion, for a few days anyway.

Meanwhile appreciate your other comments on yesterday's game. Hillman does indeed seem to be a lost cause. But what's up with McKenzie anyway??? And they were still saying positive things about Aiken over the winter and he's not assigned to any active team. As you noted, we have a real shortfall of pitching prospects and can't afford to lose any of them.

Speaking of lost causes, Morimando dropped off BA's Top 30 this year and has shown they didn't miss on him; he was attacked for 8 runs and double digit hits yesterday. Plutko is no better. And the rest of the Clipper rotation is 30+ year old never weres. I'd expect Bieber in Columbus after no more than 8 more starts. Civale a month or two later.

And maybe they'll finally concentrate on pitching in this year's draft??!!

BA doesn't give daily reports on anyone not on their preseason Top 31. Longo didn't make it [Tom did] so he'll not be reported on no matter what he does. We;'ll have to take personal responsibility for him.

We had that problem last year with the pitcher whose name I forget who went about 30 or 40 consecutive shutout innings; and we later traded for either Joe Smith or Jay Bruce.

couldn't remember the name, so I had to look him up. Thomas Pannone; after he went to the Blue Jays he stayed in the Eastern League but started giving up piles of home runs, 9 in 34 2/3 innings in the rarefied air of New Hampshire. He's not pitching anywhere this season, so far. I see he pitched 2 spring training innings for the Jays and gave up two more homers. Looks like he needs topnotch Cleveland coaching and catching in order to excel.

Cleveland organization really is well regarded for their pitching coaches. Wouldn't surprise me if Pannone is indeed missing the tutelage, Civ.

Longo is a home grown talent so I will be checking in on him regularly. I'll keep you updated. Although I know I'm far more of a homer than you are. I got to root for the dude. (and Tully, who just might be our next surprise)

Here are Thursday BA highlights.

CLE AAA Allen, Greg CF 4 1 1 0 .190 2B (3), SB (4)
CLE AAA Chang, Yu SS 3 0 0 0 .167
CLE AAA Haase, Eric DH 4 0 0 0 .320
CLE AAA Mejia, Francisco C 3 0 0 1 .192 BB (3)
CLE HiA Capel, Conner CF 3 0 1 0 .208 2 BB (5)
CLE HiA Collins, Gavin 3B 5 0 1 0 .154
CLE HiA Ice, Logan C 2 0 0 0 .143 BB (2)
CLE LoA Benson, Will RF 4 1 2 3 .318 HR (2)
CLE LoA Clement, Ernie SS 5 1 1 1 .323 2B (2)
CLE LoA Gonzalez, Oscar LF 5 2 2 1 .333 HR (2)
CLE MAJ Gonzalez, Erik PR-2B 1 0 0 0 .000
I'll add our breakout picks:
CLE LoA Wade, Austen CF 5 2 3 2 .320 2B (3) HR (1)
CLE HiA Longo, Mitch RF 5 0 2 0 .190 CS (1)

no rated pitchers in action, a couple near-top 30's for Lake County
Kirk McCarthy 4 1/3 11 9 9 0 4 3 home runs [ugh]
James Karinchak 1 2/3 2 0 0 0 4 [power arm recovering from injury]

I sure wish Oscar would start straightening out that walk to K ratio. Hard to take him real serious till he does.

Plesac bounced back last night.

Plesac 6(IP) 1H 1R 1ER 4BB 4SO

As did Plutko

Plutko 7(IP) 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 8SO

Longo was 2-5 with a CS

#Indians minor league starters for Friday:

Columbus - RHP Stephen Fife
Akron - RHP Michael Peoples
Lynchburg - LHP Tanner Tully
Lake County - RHP Grant Hockin

Pat, Brady Aiken is in extended spring training in Goodyear. Sorry, but that is all I have seen.

Indians Prospective @indiansPro

Bulls 12 Clippers 3
Allen1-4 R RBI BB
Mejia 1-5 RBI
Haase 1-4 R
Diaz 1-1 BB

Thunder 2 RubberDucks 1
Peoples 5(IP) 1H 0R 0ER 1BB 2SO
Brown 1(IP) 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1SO
Sever 1-3 R HR RBI
Loopstok 1-3

Hillcats 3 Blue Rocks 2
Tully 7(IP) 4H 1R 0ER 0BB 7SO :!:
Krauth 1(IP) 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 2SO
Collins 2-4 2B 2RBI
Carter 1-3 RBI
Chu 1-4 R 2B

Cubs 6 #Captains 5
Mejia 5(IP) 4H 1R 1ER 2BB 2SO
Rodriguez 2-5 R 2RBI
Cantu 1-4 R HR RBI
Gonzalez 2-4 R RBI
Isaacs 1-4 RBI SB

Lake County #Captains INF Jorma Rodriguez off to a great start through the first 2 weeks of the season he leads the Midwest League in hits with 13 and is sporting a .394 Average.

#Indians RHP prospect Jean Carlos Mejia over his last 13 games between Mahoning Valley & Lake County:
- 31.2(IP)3SV 10H 1R 1ER 9BB 37SO 0.28 ERA

Akron Rubberducks transaction
OF Taylor Murphy released
OF Connor Marabell activated (started year on DL)

Lake County Captains transaction
(3B) Nolan Jones activated from 7-day DL :!:
INF Dillon Persinger assigned to Extended Spring Training

#Indians minor league starters for Saturday:
Columbus - LHP Adam Wilk
Akron - LHP Sean Brady
Lynchburg - RHP Justin Garza
Lake County - LHP Francisco Perez