Re: GameTime!™

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 48m

Corey Kluber threw an 85-pitch shutout tonight against Seattle. Only the seventh blanking on 85 or fewer pitches since turn of millennium.

The previous six: Aaron Cook (81), Jeff Karstens (83), Aaron Cook (79), Rich Harden (81), Roy Halladay (83), Jon Lieber (78). Cook twice!
Last edited by rusty2 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just looking at Kluber's line, you wont see a more dominating performance.

Things that jump out:

85 pitches

no walks 16 balls the entire game

28 batters faced---- one over the minimum

The thing I love about Kluber is he pitched his way to the Majors without much fanfare or hype. He just keeps getting better and better.

Nothing better than seeing a player seize an opportunity and run with it.

Oh my god after all these years finally and Indians player sea likes! Sweet!!!

Now if we can only get joez to like him better than some 16 year old Cuban power hitter we might really be on to something!!!

Hope Tribe deals Cabby today and Ax too. Don't care what we get back really just send out the $$$$ and stay away from FA!!!

I'm on board Frank! I mentioned last night that he was a treat to watch. Middle name "Nasty" !
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

I wish we had a couple of those "16" year old Cubans on our side, Frank. Maybe Nelson Cruz even. Our stars might be shining much better today. :P
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller