Re: Politics

Should start using this method in Washington DC.
HUH ?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
“Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is.”
-- Bob Feller

Really, VT?

A cartoon?

You offended at the political cartoons of Obama with big ears? Or Reagan with long chin?

Cartoons always take certain features and exaggerate it.

Me personally, just my 2 cents and not trying to be argumentative, but I'm sick of the PC nonsense. If you keep defending every person who is offended then pretty soon you won't be able to say or do anything.

Take that crucifix necklace off, Mr. Jones the atheist is offended. .... Turn off that rock music young man, Mr. Johnson is a Christian and thinks it's the devils music. ..... Hey ladies, no more short skirts or shorts. Mr. Khabib the Muslim is offended... Blah blah blah blah.

This is America. The free market should sort it out.

You want to start a restaurant and put a sign on the door that no gays are served. Or no minority is served. Fine. But who the hell will eat there? Don't need to complain about them. They'll be out of business in weeks.

The Donald Sterling/Clippers thing, trying to force him out. He doesn't want to sell, and the government has no right to limit his free speech, so no judge SHOULD be able to force him to sell. So how about we handle it differently, like we should in America. First of all, quit sticking a microphone and camera in front of the idiot. But most importantly, don't buy any tickets till the crazy old fool is forced to sell. That's how you do it in a free market.

I am sick of the #$@%!(& government sticking their nose in everything and forcing people in a free society how to act. The market will tell them how to act.

Here in Montana there are, I think, 6 Indian Reservations. Crow, Blackfeet, Cheyenne, native Americans are everywhere here, and I have personally worked with numerous native American teenagers.

I wear and see Chief Wahoo quite often out here, including on the native Americans. I have often struck up conversations with Indians here and have yet to find one person that, not only was not offended, but thought it was ridiculous to complain about. Seriously, my question have almost always been met with eye rolls.

Some people, if they ain't bitching they ain't breathing, and if you take this issue away from them I guarantee you they will find another issue to complain about.

If there is a huge uproar and Chief Wahoo is taken away I can live without it too. But for the life of me I have not been able to find the need. I wear my Wahoo out here in the midst of many Native Americans with pride and no shame or concern. I really care less that the same 7 people bitch about it every year.

Let me state this more clearly: I, too, am fed up with the current atmosphere in which everyone looks for ways to be offended. I'm sure I've said it here before: When you are offended, that is something that is happening inside you and nowhere else. Therefore, it's your problem; don't try to make it mine.

Totally agree, VT!

And again, wasn't trying to argue with you or anything. Just been a lot of these conversations going on lately with Sterling and team names and it's driving me batty. Had to rant.

Did you know there are neighborhoods in America right now that will not allow you to fly an American flag?

I am not kidding.

This stuff infuriates me. I better get back to my yard work before I stroke. This stuff gets my blood pressure up more than working in the sun. LOL

Here's an example of what I was referring. Just in the news this morning. But I see a very similiar story every couple months.

A veteran in Jacksonville is embroiled in a bitter dispute with his homeowners association over a small American flag in one of his flower pots. Larry Murphree, 73, says he has incurred fine after fine over it, totaling around $8,000.

If he doesn't pay, the Sweetwater community's homeowners association is threatening to put a foreclosure lien on his property.

Murphree says he just wants the whole thing to go away, questioning why the association is going after him over "such a little thing."

Murphree points out that state and federal law is on his side, vowing to keep fighting until he can display his flag freely.

Read more on the dispute at WTEV-TV in Jacksonville.

Just can't imagine what our country has come to when our flag has become an eye-sore or offensive.

Or a cross at a cemetery or veterans memorial.

This country is headed down the pooper.

By the way, this reminds me of something else. If you are not familiar with Agenda 21 buy a book and learn.

They are working behind the scenes with cities zoning commissions so this reminded me of that.

Federal Law:

H.R. 42 (109th): Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 20057/24/2006--Public Law.
Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 - States that a condominium association, cooperative association, or residential real estate management association may not adopt or enforce any policy, or enter into any agreement, that would restrict or prevent an association member from displaying the U.S. flag on residential property within the association with respect to which such member has a separate ownership interest or a right to exclusive possession or use.
States that nothing in this Act shall be considered to permit any display or use that is inconsistent with: (1) federal law or any rule or custom pertaining to the proper display or use of the flag; or (2) any reasonable restriction pertaining to the time, place, or manner of displaying the flag necessary to protect a substantial interest of the condominium, cooperative, or residential real estate management association.

Florida law:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm...

720.304Right of owners to peaceably assemble; display of flag; SLAPP suits prohibited.—

(2)(a)Any homeowner may display one portable, removable United States flag or official flag of the State of Florida in a respectful manner, and one portable, removable official flag, in a respectful manner, not larger than 41/2 feet by 6 feet, which represents the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard, or a POW-MIA flag, regardless of any covenants, restrictions, bylaws, rules, or requirements of the association.